September 5, 2018
We’re excited to introduce Dental MonitoringTM, which converts a patient’s (or parent’s) phone into a remote monitoring device that helps us straighten your smile with fewer office visits.
During a complimentary consultation, a treatment plan will be developed to map out a pathway toward the smile you’ve always wanted for your child-- or for yourself. Dental Monitoring works with Invisalign and traditional braces, allowing Dr. Sharp and Dr. Moore to track your progress, regardless of which type of treatment you pursue.
After a conversation with one of our docs, we go 3D! Using our iCat 3D X-Ray, which allows us to view teeth, bones and joints in all their 3D glory, we’ll get you a 3D diagnosis and follow it up with a 3D dental scan to create virtual models of your teeth. No more goopy impressions here! Using the 3D dental scan and 3D x-rays. The doctors can then create the most effective treatment plan for your smile goals.
Now it’s time for your “virtual appointments”! You’ll get a reminder notification from your personalized app. The app will walk you through taking a series of 13-15 pictures - lots of different angles! Then DM’s software will automatically enhance and sequence those images so that they can be used by the doctors to track the treatment process. It takes about 3 minutes! It’s much faster than coming in to see us each time!
1) Fewer physical appointments - your schedule is busy enough with car pools, afternoon activities, sports, rehearsals, school and work. Since we’re monitoring remotely with virtual appointments, you don’t need to come visit us as often.
2) More virtual appointments - our app will send you reminders on a weekly or bi- weekly basis to take pictures. While it may seem like we’re seeing you less, we’re actually seeing your mouth much more frequently! More frequent data allows us to make adjustments faster than we could if we didn’t see you for a whole month.
3) Better control - the pictures you send us with the app allow our team to track oral hygiene level, aligners fitting, possible presence of teeth abrasion and decays or brackets issues so they can make recommendations in real time.
4) Faster treatment times - because we can detect issues faster and are seeing your mouth more often, our in-person appointments become that much more efficient and treatment times tend to be much faster!
5) Improved confidence and compliance - Dental Monitoring helps patients take an active part in their treatment plan. The regular check-ins from Dr. Sharp and Dr. Moore improve confidence and compliance.
We live our lives in 3D, so why would you trust your orthodontic care to someone using 2D technology? Dr. Sharp and Dr. Moore are leading orthodontists in the field and are helping to pioneer this amazing technology. Click below to schedule your complimentary consultation and be the to have your smartphone help straighten your or your child’s smile!